Saturday, October 27, 2007

New Post... With Pictures!

Not a lot, granted, but a few. These are from the Wine Festival here in Marino. La Sagra dell'uvo. I'm in an internet cafe, so again I'm paying good money to smuggle this information back to the United States, so I won't really caption any of them other than to say that most of these pictures were taken by my friend Jordan's girlfriend Elena, and the people in them are friends of mine. Jim is sitting to the left of me in the picture of me (which I appear to be in some sort of prolonged ecstatic state or something) and the rest of the people are the only other English speakers in town (as far as I know). The pictures of the people dancing were taken from the balcony in the Cantina where we were sitting. A cantina is a place where they make wine. This one is 400 years old. An old man sitting at our table brought his accordian and started wailing on it at one point, and the entire place went nuts. Everyone was singing and getting up to dance. It was fun.

Here, let's see if this works...

OK, well nevermind. Coming soon, to a computer screen near you... pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll come visit someday, Justin. I hope. It's not like I have money or anything. And the only Italian I know is a bunch of adverbs and some old songs about sheperds in love with maidens and such. I don't think I'd get very far by singing.

thisblackhoodie said...

yo, read our blog.

Anonymous said...

wtf? where are your damn pictures?